This scholarship is made possible
by a bequest from the estate of Lt Col Romeo and Josephine Bass Ferretti and was
established for minor dependents of active duty or retired Air Force, Air Force
Reserve or Air National Guard enlisted Airmen. It is for students pursuing
an undergraduate degree in the area of science, technology, engineering or math
(STEM). The scholarship will be awarded to a student who has graduated from high
school in 2015 and who is entering their first year at an accredited institution
of higher learning.
New for 2015:
AFA has moved this scholarship to an online application system. Please click HERE to view the application, apply and submit all supporting documentation through SmarterSelect's secure system.
*** IF YOU CANNOT GET THE APPLICATION LINK TO WORK, PLEASE TRY AGAIN FROM A PERSONAL COMPUTER, OR ONE NOT CONNECTED THROUGH THE AIR FORCE NETWORK.*** The link is https://app.smarterselect.com/programs/21300-Air-Force-Association
A scholarship will be awarded for the 2015-2016 school year in the amount of $5,000. The recipient will be selected by committee based upon high academic achievement, good character and financial need.
Once the recipient is selected, the Air Force Association will notify them with a letter of congratulatory email. The recipient’s college or university will receive the check, which can be used for any education related expenses.
- A completed application, to include all supporting materials, submitted through the online application system.
- An essay no greater than 600 words (approx. two pages typed and double spaced) describing your academic achievements and goals. Additionally, state how this scholarship will help you achieve those goals.
- One letter of recommendation. This letter may be written by a teacher, a supervisor or the director of an organization in which you participate. It must be signed.
- A copy of your official, high school transcript.
- Proof of acceptance into an accredited college/university indicating your intended major which must be in one of the STEM fields of study (science, technology, engineering or math). The letter must be on college/university stationery from the admissions office, registrar or financial aid office. Also, the letter must include a statement of the cost of tuition and fees for the first term of attendance.
Program Deadline 06/30/2015 at 11:59 PM EDT
Recommender Deadline 06/15/2015 at 11:59 PM EDT
Contact Jill Westeyn at email@example.com