1. I received an email/postcard/phone call from a company asking for my personal information. They said they were working on a publication for Air Force Association. Is this a legitimate project, or is it a scam?
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts Inc.) to produce AFA Members and Donors: Then and Now. PCI is a 30 year-old company located in Dallas, TX that publishes directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities and military organizations across the nation. This project allows AFA to receive important updates to our database so we know more about our members and how we can better serve you and future members.
2. How do I know my information will only be used for publication purposes?
PCI operates under a very strict confidentiality agreement with AFA that allows them to collect this data for this project only.
3. I would like to verify and update my information. How may I do this?
If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the AFA project. The representative will verify all the information we have on file for you and make any updates where needed. One of the numbers for the Air Force Association members is 866-786-1602.
If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information. If you have questions, you may call PCI’s customer service desk at 800-395-4724.
4. Can anyone purchase a publication?
No. Only AFA Members and Donors may purchase a copy.
5. When will I receive my publication?
The total duration of the publication project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in August of 2013, the directories will be distributed in August of 2014.
6. Can I choose some or all of my information not to be printed in the publication?
When you call to update your information, you can tell the representative what information you would prefer to have excluded. You may also communicate this information to the PCI customer service desk at 800-395-4724.
7. I ordered a publication/package over the phone and would like to cancel my order. How do I do this?
Call the PCI customer service help desk at 800-395-4724, and they will take care of this for you.
8. I'm a Member. Why didn't I get contacted by PCI?
If you ever requested to be excluded from AFA mailings, we excluded you from these mailings as well. However, you may opt in to the directory by calling 866-571-1817.
9. I received a postcard but I'm not a member. Why?
We make a concerted effort to reach "lost" members with invalid mailing addresses on our records. To do this, we use a data cleansing service to try to obtain the most recent mailing address. Sometimes that service provides a physical address that is not correct. It is used only to send the postcard, data is not changed in AFA's database until the member confirms that is his/her correct address.
10. May I provide the information online?
Toward the end of the data collection process, we will have an online feature available, especially for our international members and donors. An e-mail will be sent to them providing a link right to their data.