- What does it cost to attend the Air Warfare Symposium?
AFA Member - $850
Non-Member - $950
Non-DoD Government - $95*
Government/DoD - $0
* Non-DoD Government: Federal, State, and local Government employees of any Government Agency (other than the Department of Defense).
- What does the symposium registration include?
Includes admission to the Technology Exposition during open hours; the Welcome Reception on 2/19; symposium sessions on 2/20-21; continental breakfasts on 2/20-21; coffee breaks on 2/20-21; and a lunch on 2/20. Our DoD attendees will also be offered two guest tickets to the Air Force Gala Dinner on 2/20 when registering for the Symposium (separate Gala registration required). Individual dinner tickets are available separately and can be purchased through the Member/Non Member category on the on-line registration center page. If you are an exhibitor who is also attending the symposium, please register through the exhibitor registration category.
- What is the dress for the Symposium sessions, Technology Exposition and Air Force Gala?
Attire for the Welcome Reception, Symposium sessions and Air Force Gala is Business Suit/Service Dress. Dress for the Technology Exposition is Business Suit/Uniform of the Day.
- What does it cost to cancel?
A $25 non-refundable processing fee will be charged for cancellation prior to Friday, February 14, 2014. NO refunds will be granted for cancellations made after this date. No refunds will be issued if you do not attend the event. Refunds will be issued back to the card that was charged; check payment will be refunded individually by check to the individual or company. Due to accounting processes, substitutions are not allowed. This policy does not apply to exhibit booth sales. Please refer to the application / contract form for the exhibit booth cancellation policy.
- What does it cost to attend ONLY the Technology Exposition?
Admission to the Technology Exposition during open hours is free of charge. Lunch will be served on the floor Thursday, February 20. You may pre-register on-line by choosing the Exposition Only category, or you may register on-site.
The exhibit hall open hours are as follows:
Wednesday, February 19, 2014
6:30 PM - 8:30 PM (Reception - Ticket Required)
Thursday, February 20, 2014
9:30 am – 4:00 pm (Open); and 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM (Reception - Ticket Required)
Friday, February 21, 2014
7:30 am – 12:00 pm (Open);
- Where do I pick up my badge/tickets?
Badges and tickets may be picked up on-site at the AFA Registration Desk at the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel beginning at 10:30 am, Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Please bring a photo or corporate ID. Acceptable forms of ID are as follows:
- Driver’s License
- Military ID
- U.S. Government ID
- Corporate Name Badge
- What is the Air Force Gala?
For over 25 years the Central Florida Chapter of AFA has supported the Association’s annual Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition with a golf mixer and a dinner. The chapter selects a theme for the dinner that deals with some portion of USAF history and recognizes individuals, organizations, and companies for their role in that theme. Honor is bestowed upon them by making them Aerospace Education Fellows of the Air Force Association.
- How long does the Air Force Gala dinner last?
The Gala evening begins at 7:00 pm with a one hour reception in the Exhibit Hall. Dinner follows in Gatlin D/E at 8:00 pm and runs until about 10:30 pm. The agenda is: Welcome and introductions; dinner; presentation of the theme; presentation of awards; followed by short period of entertainment.
- How much does it cost to purchase an individual ticket or a table for the Air Force Gala?
The cost for an individual ticket to the Gala is $275. A sponsored table of ten (10) persons is $3,500. Four seats should be returned to be used by military/DOD guests. Tables will be reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.
To reserve a table, please select the ‘Table Reservations’ – Central Florida Air Force Gala Dinner’ category on the main On-line registration page, click here: Air Warfare Symposium Registration Center
PLEASE NOTE: The cost for a table of ten, 10, persons is $3,500 for the Central Florida Chapter Air Force Gala Reception and Dinner. When purchasing dinner tables, there are ten seats at each table. Your company keeps six seats and gives AFA back four seats (suggested) pledged to support military and DoD guests.
Please e-mail your preferred list of guests to TGHarrison@aol.com. As in the past, Ethics Rules dictate that AFA must seat guests randomly at our industry tables. However, we appreciate knowing your wishes to assist us in our process. Please note that no promises are made regarding your requests, and AFA does not share lists of registrants for you to choose from. Also note that it is of more value to the seating committee to know the types of guests desired as opposed to specific names.
We prefer to know your table purchases and guest preferences no later than three weeks prior to the event, as that is when we begin our process. Your table assignments and list of guests seated at your table, along with your table tickets and copy of the floor plan will be available for pick-up at the AFA registration desk beginning 10 a.m., Wednesday, February 19, 2014. Please note: The reception in the exhibit hall, prior the dinner is not a separate ticketed event. It is included for those who purchase dinner tickets/tables. The attire for the dinner is business suit/service dress.
- Do I have to be a member of AFA or the military to attend?
No. If you are not a member of AFA and/or not currently serving active duty military or reserves, or current Department of Defense civil service employee, please choose the Non-Member category when registering.
- When is on-line registration closed?
On-line registration is open through the event. We will only be down for a short time while we set up on-site. If at any time our registration website message states we are down for maintenance, please check back as we will be back up again soon. As always you will also have the option of registering on-site.
Hotel Information -- Return to the top
- How much will the rooms cost?
AFA’s only room block is at Rosen Shingle Creek. Please keep in mind that AFA’s pricing for meals and sleeping rooms depends on our being able to fill our room block.
- The government rate for uniformed military personnel and DoD civilians with active CAC ID cards or Foreign Attaches with a dependent ID Card is $123 (single or double) per night plus 12.5% tax. Please make your reservations now to ensure you get the government per diem rate. Reservations will be accepted on a first-in basis until the block is full or until Friday, January 24, 2014, whichever comes first. For more details, please refer to the 'Military Hotel Reservations' section on our
hotel information page.
- The AFA discounted rate for non-active duty military attendees is $259 (single or double) plus 12.5% tax. Please make your reservations now while rooms are still available at the group rate. Reservations will be accepted on a first-in basis until the block is full or until Friday, January 24, 2014, whichever comes first. For more details, please refer to the 'Hotel Reservations' section on our
hotel information page.
- What time are check in and check out?
Check in is at 3:00 pm EST, and check out is 11:00 am EST.
Agenda -- Return to the top
- Will the Air Warfare Symposium schedule be the same as previous years?
Yes, the same schedule is planned for this year with only minor time changes. A full detailed agenda can be found here.
Transportation -- Return to the top
- What about transportation, directions and parking?
- Coming from the local airports? Check out our transportation page for shuttle, rental car, and taxi information.
- Need directions? Please visit http://www.rosenshinglecreek.com/location-and-transportation/.
- Parking costs? AFA has negotiated a special self parking rate. Make sure to notify the front desk (if you are staying over) or the parking attendant (if you are just self parking for the day) that you are will AFA in order to get 50% off. Our discounted rate comes to $8 per day (or per entry/exit if you are not staying at the hotel). If you want to valet park, you will pay the hotel’s standard rates of $20.00 all day or $21.00 overnight.
Additional Information -- Return to the top
- Are you interested in being a sponsor during the Air Warfare Symposium?
If so, please contact Mary Ellen Dobrowolski at 703-247-5823 or email@example.com.
- What else do I need to know?
Send your questions to us (firstname.lastname@example.org). Those will help us think of additional items to add to this FAQ.