Michael Wilson Scholarship
This scholarship program was created by the Air Force Association (AFA) in partnership with Brian Wilson. Two scholarships, in the amount of $15,000, each will be awarded to highly qualified AFROTC cadets entering into their junior or senior year in the Fall of 2015.
- An applicant must be a current Air Force ROTC cadet in good standing, and enrolled full time as an incoming junior or senior for the 2015-2016 academic year.
- The applicant must currently be enrolled in the Professional Air Force ROTC Officer Course program and
- Attend both the Aerospace Studies class and Leadership Lab each semester.
- Forward an endorsement and most recent performance evaluation from the detachment commander.
- Have completed at least two years of undergraduate work.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- The applicant will submit three essays on the following topics. Each essay must be 500 words, typed, double spaced and have the applicant’s name in the upper right corner of each page.
- How will your choice of major/career support the mission of the United States Air Force?
- If you had the opportunity to speak with the President, what one issue affecting the military would you bring to his attention?
- Who or what inspired you to make the choice to become a leader in the USAF and why?
- Recipients must provide a digital photo (head shot) of themselves to AFA in their Air Force ROTC uniform to be used for press releases by AFA, ROTC, and the donor as appropriate.
- A thank you note must be provided by the scholarship recipient to AFA stating what the receipt of the scholarship means to the individual. The note will be given to Brian Wilson.
For information and application, contact Major Deborah Miller at 334-953-4703/4696 or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Make a donation to the Michael Wilson Scholarship.