Click Here to receive a downloadable Spouse Scholarship Application
The Air Force Spouse Scholarship program is designed to encourage Air Force spouses worldwide to pursue associate, bachelor or graduate/postgraduate degrees. The number and amount of scholarships awarded depends on available funding and on the number of qualified applicants.
- The applicant must be a spouse of Air Force active duty, Air National Guard or Air Force Reserve to be eligible. Spouses who are themselves Air Force personnel, or in ROTC, are not eligible.
- Include an official, original transcript verifying your minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA or higher. The transcript must have your name on it and show that you are enrolled for the minimum number of hours (6 credit hours for undergraduate study and 3 credit hours for graduate study). You must be in a degree program. If you are not currently enrolled, then, in addition to an official, original transcript, include a letter from your college or university that confirms your intent to carry the required hours in the Fall.
- If you have no prior college or university course work, include proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university. This must be an original letter on college or university stationery from the admissions office or the registrar.
- In a two page double-spaced essay, describe your academic and career goals and the motivation which led you to this decision. Describe how Air Force involvement or local community activities in which you are involved will enhance your goals.
- Two signed letters of recommendation should be character references and descriptions of your performance and potential as a student, employee or volunteer. The two letters must be from different sources. The letters can be from professors, employers or volunteer organizations. You may also request a letter from your local AFA Chapter.
- A photo of the applicant (preferably a head shot). Your photo and your words may be used in our publications.
- Complete application packages must be received no later than April 30, 2013. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- A feedback form will be sent to recipients with their scholarship check and is required to be returned not more than six months after the award is made.
- Scholarships are awarded in June.
- Scholarships are not renewable. Prior recipients cannot be considered again.
- A check in the amount of $2,500 will be sent to the recipient in September.
- Scholarships may be used to pay for any reasonable cost related to pursuing a degree. This would include tuition, books, transportation or childcare costs.