This scholarship is in memory of Captain Jodi Callahan who was an AFA Under-Forty National Director and a Trustee of the former Aerospace Education Foundation. This scholarship is made possible through contributions to the Jodi Callahan Memorial Fund by her family and friends.
"Ways to Use AFA Programs ... for AFA States & Chapters"
Click Here for downloadable application requirements and an application.
The Captain Jodi Callahan Memorial Scholarship provides a $1,000 scholarship to an active duty Air Force, full time Air National Guard or full time Air Force Reserve (officer or enlisted) pursuing a Masterís Degree in a non-technical field of study.
Applications will be accepted beginning in January, 2013. Completed application packages must be received no later than June 30, 2013.
- A completed application form
- One letter of recommendation from your Air Force supervisor or commander which includes a character reference, a description of your performance and an assessment of your potential as an Air Force leader and volunteer
- If you have not begun your advanced degree, submit proof of acceptance into a Masterís program at an accredited college or university. This must be on college or university letterhead and state your name and date of your first term of attendance.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent) is required. Submit an official, original transcript of your most recent college or university Masterís program. If you have not yet started your Masterís program, submit an official, original transcript from your undergraduate degree.
- A typed two page double spaced essay describing your academic goals and how you expect your degree to enhance your service to the Air Force.
- A photo of the applicant (preferably a head shot). Your photo and your words may be used in our publications.
- A check in the amount of $1,000 is sent to the recipient in early September.
- The scholarship may be used to pay for any reasonable cost related to pursuing a degree. This includes tuition, fees and books.
- This scholarship is nonrenewable. Prior recipients cannot apply.
- Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Mail completed application package to:
Manager, National Aerospace Awards
Air Force Association
1501 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22209-1190
Phone: 703-247-5800 Ext. 4807
Toll Free: 800-727-3337 Ext 4807