Select a downloadable Chapter Teacher of the Year Award Application
"Ways to Use AFA Programs ... for AFA States & Chapters"
The purpose of the program is to recognize classroom teachers at the chapter level for
their accomplishments and achievements in exciting K-12 students about science and math (STEM) and preparing them to
use and contribute to tomorrow’s technologies. This is a unique opportunity for chapters to reward special teachers
who are furthering excellence and making coming to class an adventure.
Guidelines and Criteria
- One page narrative of the teacher’s accomplishment and achievements in
support of STEM and the impact of these activities on the students.
- A letter of recommendation/support from a school official (principal or higher).
- Optional three pages of newspaper articles, other documents, and/or photos that include the teacher with students completing STEM activities (ensure students in photos have media release permission for use).
- Chapters may select one TOY from any grade level or may select two TOYs: one from grades K-8 and one from grades 9-12 for submission to HQ AFA to receive award components each year.
- Chapters located in states without a state organization may select either a
Chapter or State Teacher of the Year but not both.
- AFA elected chapter officers and their immediate family members (spouse/children) are not eligible
- The programs runs from May 1 – April 30.
- Check for $250.00
- Certificate of Excellence
- AFA tote bag
- A complimentary Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Membership sponsored by the Civil Air Patrol.
- Chapters are encouraged to consider supplementing the award at the chapter level.
Click here to view the Winners of our Chapter Teacher of the Year Award.
Page last updated on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:33:25 PM