Select a downloadable State Teacher of the Year Award Application
"Ways to Use AFA Programs ... for AFA States & Chapters"
The purpose of the program is to recognize classroom teachers at the state level for their
accomplishments and achievements in exciting K-12 students about science and math (STEM) and preparing
them to use and contribute to tomorrow’s technologies. This is a unique opportunity for states to reward
special teachers who are furthering excellence and making coming to class an adventure.
Guidelines and Criteria
- To be eligible the state candidate must be a Chapter Teacher of Year.
- One page narrative of the teacher’s accomplishments and achievements in support of STEM and the impact of these activities on the students. The chapter has the option to re-accomplish the chapter narrative for state level competition.
- A letter of endorsement from the School Principal in addition to letter from AFA Chapter President.
- Only one teacher per year can be selected for this award
- A check in the amount of $500.00.
- A Certificate of Excellence.
- A personalized jacket.
- A complimentary Civil Air Patrol Aerospace Education Membership sponsored by the Civil Air Patrol.
- State organizations are encouraged to consider supplementing the award at the state level.
Click here to view the Winners of our State Teacher of the Year Award.
Page last updated on: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:25:20 PM