USA TODAY Education and the Air Force Association’s 200+ Chapters are celebrating their 21st of partnership this year. From the beginning we have impacted nearly 13 Million students guided by approximately 24,000 teachers who enhance students’ skills in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) and aerospace education.
This year classrooms may choose the regular print copy of USA TODAY, Or
e-Visions, which is the digital version of USA TODAY print edition for classrooms.
Help students become:
- …Inspired to explore careers in the fields of STEM disciplines
- …Aware of the importance of aerospace technology for today and in the future
- …Knowledgeable on how to think critically and communicate both orally and in the written word
- …Prepared for the world beyond the classroom
Benefits to your Chapter:
- Brings added awareness of your chapter
- Allows you to maintain an active relationship with local schools in your community
- Helps provide a standards-driven program that can be easily integrated into an existing STEM curriculum
- Includes a label on each newspaper showing that this program is sponsored by the Air Force Association
- Award students and Teacher certificates of Completion each year
- Available to your Chapter a Chapter Facilitator Guide
- Weekly Inside USA Today e-newsletter
- Standard driven STEM lesson plans available on www.education.usatoday.com
- Provides teachers a range of multidisciplinary activities tied to each day’s news events
- Makes available additional aerospace activities to the teacher’s www.education.usatoday.com.
- Provides letters ready to be sent to the teachers and home to parents welcoming them to the program
The advantages of e-Visions are the usability and effectiveness of this new platform for delivery of STEM news and Visions lessons for students and teachers. Teacher will now be able to project e-Visions on their interactive whiteboards, projectors and offer student licenses for home use! This technology alone creates a new and exciting learning environment for students and teachers.
- Exact replica of USA TODAY, featuring interactive and extra exclusive content
- Searchable features on past STEM articles
- More color pages in favorite sections — News, Money, Sports, Life
- Easily read, email articles, share lessons and save articles for future reference
- Featuring interactive snapshots/graphs, video reports and editorial highlights
- Listen to articles with text to speech audio
- Direct links to Visions website and teacher lessons on-line
- Video embedded in the e-Visions copy.
- Offers student licenses for Home use
- Spanish language conversion on news articles for English as second language learners.
18 weeks for Print Edition OR 21 weeks for Digital e-Visions*
*(Teachers get e-Visions for three more weeks for same price)
28 weeks for Print Edition OR 32 weeks for e-Visions*
*(Teachers get e-Visions for four more weeks for same price)
How to get started…
- Decide how many classrooms you wish to sponsor
- Select schools your chapter would like to sponsor or let USA TODAY select them on your behalf
- Register your chapter
- After your registration is received you will be provided with an invoice from the Air Force Association’s Headquarters