*MORE INFORMATION ON THIS SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE COMING SOON.
Michael Donley was the 22nd Secretary of the Air Force, with more than 30 distinguished years of service in the national security community, including service in the Senate, White House and the Pentagon. Secretary Donley was the longest serving Secretary in Air Force history and an outstanding leader. He and Mrs. Gail Donley have been unwavering champions of our airmen, airpower and their families.
The Air Force Association (AFA) has named its spouse scholarship program “The Mike & Gail Donley Spouse Scholarship” to provide a lasting tribute to the former Secretary of the Air Force and his wife for their exemplary support of the Air Force Family.
Please click here to submit your application.
*** IF YOU CANNOT GET THE APPLICATION LINK TO WORK, PLEASE TRY AGAIN FROM A PERSONAL COMPUTER, OR ONE NOT CONNECTED THROUGH THE AIR FORCE NETWORK.***
The Air Force Association Donley Spouse Scholarship program is designed to encourage Air Force spouses worldwide to pursue associate, bachelor or graduate/postgraduate degrees.
- The applicant must be a spouse of Air Force Active Duty, Air National Guard, Air Force Reserve or Department of the Air Force Civilian employee to be eligible. Spouses who are themselves Air Force personnel, or in ROTC, are not eligible.
- A copy of an official transcript verifying your minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA
or higher. The transcript must have your name on it and show that you are enrolled for the minimum number of hours (6 credit hours for undergraduate study and 3 credit hours for graduate study).
- You must be in a degree program.
- If you are not currently enrolled, then, in addition to an official, original transcript, include a letter from your college or university that confirms your intent to carry the required hours in the Fall.
- If you have no prior college or university course work, include proof of acceptance to an accredited college or university. This must be an original letter on college or university stationery from the admissions office or the registrar.
- An essay no greater than 600 words (approx. two pages typed and double spaced), describing your academic and career goals and the motivation which led you to this decision. Discuss how Air Force involvement or local community activities in which you are involved will enhance your goals.
- Two signed letters of recommendation should be character references and descriptions of your performance and potential as a student, employee or volunteer. The two letters must be from different sources. The letters can be from professors, employers or volunteer organizations. You may also request a letter from your local AFA Chapter.
- A completed application, with all supporting materials, must be submitted using the online application system by the deadline listed below:
- Up to 12 scholarships (each in the amount of $2,500) will be awarded based on the quality and merit of applications. The scholarship is a one-time award (nonrenewable).
2016 Program Deadline: 06/30/2016 at 011:59 PM EDT
2016 Recommender Deadline: 06/30/2016 at 11:59 PM EDT