Col Loren J and Mrs Lawona R Spencer Scholarship
This scholarship is made possible through a generous endowment from the Spencer estate.
Click Here to receive a downloadable Scholarship Application
The Colonel Loren J. and Mrs. Lawona R. Spencer Scholarship:
- Provides funds to United States Air Force Personnel (officer or enlisted, Air Force civilian, full time National Guard and full time Reserve) for them to pursue graduate level education in the management and administration fields in preparation for senior level leadership roles.
- Will be made available to the top qualified applicant(s) based on academic achievement, job performance and completed application materials. A recipient will have a check in the amount of $5,000.00 sent to their education office. The number of recipients will depend on available funding and number of qualified applicants.
- Applications will be accepted beginning in January, 2014. Completed application packages must be received no later than June 30, 2014.
- A completed application form
- One letter of recommendation from your Air Force supervisor or commander which includes a character reference, a description of your performance and an assessment of your potential as an Air Force leader and volunteer.
- If you have not begun your advanced degree, submit proof of acceptance into a Master’s program at an accredited college or university. This must be on college or university letterhead and state your name and date of your first term of attendance.
- A minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 on a scale of 4.0 (or equivalent) is required. Submit an official, original transcript of your most recent college or university Master’s program. If you have not yet started your Master’s program, submit an official, original transcript from your undergraduate degree.
- A typed two page double spaced essay describing your academic goals and how you expect your degree to enhance your service to the Air Force.
- A photo of the applicant (preferably a head shot). Your photo and your words may be used in our publications.
- A check will be sent to the recipient’s education office in early September.
- The scholarship may be used to pay for any reasonable cost related to pursuing a degree. This includes tuition, fees and books.
- This scholarship is nonrenewable. Prior recipients cannot apply.
- Incomplete application packages will not be considered.
Mail completed application package to:
Manager, Awards and Scholarships
Air Force Association
1501 Lee Highway
Arlington, VA 22209-1198
Phone: 703-247-5800 Ext. 4807
Toll Free: 800-727-3337 Ext 4807