FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
AFA Announces Civil Air Patrol Educator Grants
Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association today announced 20 recipients of the Civil Air Patrol Educator Grant, an education initiative funded by AFA and managed by the Civil Air Patrol Headquarters.
The grants, each $250, are provided to teachers who are members of either the Air Force Association or the Civil Air Patrol. The money funds classroom activities or materials that benefit the entire group of students and promote knowledge of aerospace power.
Grants are used for field trips to aerospace museums or Air Force bases or for books, DVDs or videotapes on aerospace topics.
AFA strongly advocates aerospace education and developing the subjects of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics – the skills necessary to sustain U.S. airpower, national security and economic vitality.
Below are the grant recipients:
- Laurie Cowgill, Kenai, AK
- Gigi Dendy, Northport, AL
- Brandi DeSandro, New Brockton, AL
- Penny Glackman, Ardmore, PA
- Reba Godfrey, Shreveport, LA
- Mary Gurley, Montgomery, AL
- Peter Hurd, Houlton, ME
- Angela Krause-Kuchta, Menomonie, WI
- Tim McCrerey, Pine Valley, CT
- Julie Muffler, Oregon, OH
- Carol Mullinax, Boaz, AL
- Richard Olson, Montague, MI
- Christina Paape, DePere, WI
- Marguerite Parino, Billerica, MA
- John Pedace, Westby, WI
- Linda Ruehle, Mankato, MN
- James Schmidt, DePere, WI
- Dana Thompson, New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Jamie Wilhelm, Troy, AL
- Deborah Williams, New Brockton, AL
For information on AFA grants and scholarships, contact: Lynette Cross at 703.247.5800 ext 4807 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
AFA is a 501(C)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has more than 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing more than 125,000 members. Visit AFA at http://www.afa.org.
Return to the AFA Press Releases Page