For Immediate Release
September 22, 2010
AFA Announces Annual Global Warfare Symposium in LA
Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association (AFA) will be hosting their annual Global Warfare Symposium in Los Angeles, California, from Thursday, November 18 to Friday, November 19, 2010, at the Beverly Hilton Hotel.
This unique two-day symposium will center on the global role of the Air Force in the world today and will cover topics ranging from the nuclear enterprise, cyberspace, expeditionary forces and space. This November symposium, accompanied with the Air Force Ball, is a special part of AFA’s heritage and provides an opportunity to share ideas with highly skilled aerospace and Air Force professionals. Chief of Staff of the Air Force General Norton A. Schwartz will headline a list of distinguished speakers and military leaders for this year’s conference.
- General Norton Schwartz, Air Force Chief of Staff;
- The Honorable Erin C. Conaton, Undersecretary of the Air Force;
- General C. Robert Kehler, Commander, Air Force Space Command;
- Lt Gen Frank G. Klotz, Commander, Air Force Global Strike Command;
- Lt Gen John T. Sheridan, Commander, Space Missile Center;
- The Honorable Thomas C. Reed, Former Secretary of the Air Force;
- Ms. Jonna Doolittle Hoppes, Author/Journalist;
- Maj Gen Richard E. Webber, Commander, 24th Air Force and Air Force Network Operations.
The Symposium will be held on Thursday, November 18 from 12:30 p.m. - 5:30 p.m. On Friday, November 19, the Symposium will continue from 8:15 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. The annual Air Force Ball will be held Friday evening at 8:00 p.m., following a reception at 6:30 p.m.
Media Registration: Media attending the Symposium should RSVP to Merri Shaffer at Mshaffer@AFA.org.
Upon arrival, please check in with AFA in the Beverly Hill Ballroom Lobby. A photo ID and a business card will be required for onsite media registration, and freelancers should have a letter from an assigning publication.
Over the next few weeks, look for additional speakers and other information updates at www.AFA.org. For more information, contact Merri Shaffer at 703-247-5847.
The AFA is a 501(C)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has over 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 120,000 members. Visit AFA www.AFA.org.
Return to AFA Press Releases