For Immediate Release
November 15, 2010
AFA Announces Fall 2010 JROTC Instructor Grants
Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association (AFA) today announced 10 recipients of the AFJROTC Instructor Grants for the Fall of 2010, an AFA education initiative promoting the development of aerospace professionals.
The grants, each up to $250, are provided to instructors of AFJROTC units. This initiative promotes knowledge of aerospace power through classroom activities or materials that benefit the entire group of students, such as field trips to aerospace museums or Air Force bases, or DVDs that encourage interest in aerospace topics.
“Through engaging lesson plans and activities, these fine instructors are taking great initiatives to advance aerospace education in the classroom,” said George Muellner, Vice Chairman of the Board, Aerospace Education. “We’re pleased to support and recognize their efforts as they continue to expand the knowledge of today’s youth.”
To qualify, teachers complete an application and send it directly to ROTC HQ where selection of recipients is made. JROTC units may apply for this grant every other school year.
AFA strongly advocates aerospace education and the development of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics as the foundational skills necessary to sustain U.S. airpower, national security and economic vitality.
Below are the grant recipients:
- Michael Clifton, Sandalwood High School, Jacksonville, FL
- John Farese, Wando High School, Mount Pleasant, SC
- Brian Brown, Battle Ground High School, Battle Ground, WA
- Paul Snemyr, Bay High School, Bay St. Louis, MS
- David Anderson, Salem High School, Salem, NH
- Morris Miller, Gaffney High School, Gaffney, SC
- Weston Taylor, Apple Valley High School, Apple Valley, CA
- Anthony Hingle, Hardee Senior High School, Wauchula, FL
- John Solomon, Dupo Community High School, Dupo, IL
- Anna Kramm, Oliver Wendell Holmes High School, San Antonio, TX
For more information on AFA grants and scholarships, contact:
Lynette Cross at 703-247-5800, ext. 4807, or
The AFA is a 501(C)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has over 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 120,000 members. Visit AFA www.AFA.org.
Return to AFA Press Releases