Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association (AFA) today announced that the 27th annual Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition will be Feb. 17 – 18 at the Rosen Shingle Creek Hotel in Orlando, Florida. Scheduled speakers include the top echelon in Air Force leadership, including Secretary of the Air Force Michael B. Donley, Chief of Staff of the Air Force General Norton A. Schwartz and Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James A. Roy. The Symposium will include topics and discussions that adhere to this year’s theme, “Resetting the Force for the Future.”
- Secretary of the Air Force Michael Donley
- Gen. Norton A. Schwartz, Chief of Staff of the Air Force
- Gen. Duncan J. McNabb, Commander, U.S. Transportation Command
- Gen. William M. Fraser, Commander, Air Combat Command
- Gen. Craig McKinley, Chief, National Guard Bureau
- Gen. Donald J. Hoffman, Commander, Air Force Materiel Command
- Gen Gary L. North, Commander, Pacific Air Forces
- Gen Edward A. Rice, Commander, Air Education and Training Command
- Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Roy
- Lt. Gen. Charles E. Stenner, Chief of Air Force Reserve
- Lt. Gen. Harry Wyatt, Director, Air National Guard
Exhibits highlighting aerospace technology and education, sponsored by leading aerospace companies, will be on display as part of the Technology Exposition.
The Symposium will also be held in conjunction with the semifinals of the All Service Division in CyberPatriot, AFA’s education initiative designed to increase students’ awareness in cybersecurity and technology. Results from this round of competition will determine which six teams compete for the Commander-in-Chief Cup and scholarships at the finals on April 1 – 2 in Washington, D.C.
Media registration: Begin planning now to attend. Advance media registration is available at https://registration.afa.org/reg/reg1.aspx?event=orlando2011®type=Media.
Learn more about the venue at www.RosenShingleCreek.com. Over the next few weeks, look for additional speakers, upcoming scheduling specifics and other information updates at www.AFA.org.
The AFA is a 501(C)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has over 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 120,000 members. Visit AFA www.AFA.org.
Return to AFA Press Releases