AFA Awards Aerospace Education Grants to Civil Air Patrol Squadrons
Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association today announced the 20 recipients of AFA’s aerospace education grants, promoting aerospace education for hundreds of students through Civil Air Patrol (CAP) squadrons.
AFA advocates education in these crucial subjects to develop the skills necessary for the 21st century jobs in fields sustaining U.S. air power and the national security. AFA awards these education grants, each $250, four times each year, twice to units and twice to individual educators.
These specific grants are distributed for use in any Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) activity or materials that promote aerospace education, which includes purchasing textbooks, materials, or activities such as field trips to aerospace museums.
“The efforts of Civil Air Patrol parallel AFA’s mission to promote aerospace education to the general public and younger generations,” said George Muellner, AFA’s Vice Chairman of the Board for Aerospace Education. “We recognize the need to provide tools and develop skills for a new generation of aerospace professionals. AFA proudly supports CAP with grants and awards as they continue to find new and innovative ways of engaging students to pursue STEM and aerospace studies.”
Squadrons receiving AFA Grants are as follows:
- Stevens Point Composite Squadron, Stevens Point, Wisconsin
- Butler Composite Squadron, Renfrew, Pennsylvania
- Worthington Composite Squadron, Windom, Minnesota
- Tallahassee Composite Squadron, Tallahassee, Florida
- Andrews Composite Squadron, Joint Base Andrews, Maryland
- Lone Star Composite Squadron, Bellville, Texas
- Col. Berta A. Edge Composite Squadron, Biloxi, Mississippi
- Gen Curtis Lemay Offutt Composite Squadron, Offutt AFB, Nebraska
- Group 6 CAWG, Bakersfield, California
- New Century Composite Squadron, Merriam, Kansas
- Asheville Composite Squadron, Fletcher, North Carolina
- Fort McHenry Composite Squadron, Catonsville, Maryland
- Laramie Valley Composite Squadron, Laramie, Wyoming
- Allegheny Composite Squadron, West Mifflin, Pennsylvania
- Kenosha Composite Squadron, Kenosha, Wisconsin
- LtCol Arthur King Composite Squadron 50, Modesto, California
- Lakeshore 119th Composite Squadron, Grand Haven, Michigan
- Oasis Charter Schools Cadet Squadron, Cape Coral, Florida
- Low Country Composite Squadron, Bluffton, South Carolina
- Worcester Cadet Squadron, Worcester, Massachusetts
For more information on AFA grants and scholarships, contact: Lynette Cross at 703.247.5800 ext 4807 or email@example.com.
The AFA is a 501(c)(3), nonprofit organization promoting public understanding of aerospace power and the pivotal role it plays in the security of the nation. AFA has over 200 chapters nationally and internationally representing 120,000 members.
Learn more about AFA! Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
Return to the AFA Press Releases Page