For Immediate Release
July 25, 2012
AFA’s 2012 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition
Annual Conference Focuses on Challenges Faced by Aerospace Community
Arlington, VA – The Air Force Association’s annual Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition is just around the corner, promising more speakers, sessions, exhibitors and activity on the Exposition Floor than previous years.
The 2012 Air & Space Conference will be held September 17-19, 2012, at the Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center on the Potomac, in National Harbor, just across the river from Alexandria and minutes from downtown Washington, DC.
AFA’s Air & Space Conference attracts the top echelon of USAF senior leadership, including the commanders of every USAF command, and military dignitaries from air forces worldwide. It brings together Air Force leadership, industry experts, academia and current aerospace specialists from around the world to discuss the issues and challenges facing the U.S. Air Force and the aerospace community.
The 2012 agenda includes more than 50 conference addresses and panels. Highlights include:
- Secretary of Defense Leon Panetta
- Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Martin E. Dempsey
- Secretary of the Air Force Michael B. Donley
- Chief Master Sergeant of the Air Force James Roy
The full agenda can be found here.
This year’s Technology Exposition will also include exhibitors from around the globe in our 50,000 square feet of space that will showcase the latest technology in industry. Highlights include:
- More than 75 booths will showcase their latest technology advancements including: Northrop Grumman; Lockheed Martin; ATK; SES; L-3 Communications; EADS North America; BAE Systems; and many more.
- A Veterans & Spouses Career Center will be a part of the Technology Exposition floor for the first time. The Career Center will be geared toward veterans and soon to be separating active duty military members and their spouses. The purpose is to put these people together with employers who are seeking the unique skills and talents that come along with hiring former military personnel.
- A Speakers Corner will give Air Force directors of requirements from various commands and industry leaders the opportunity to share critical information on upcoming and ongoing programs and missions with audiences.
The 2012 Air & Space Conference and Technology Exposition is a great opportunity to network with colleagues, Air Force leadership, guest speakers, and professionals and pioneers from the private sector. Be a part of AFA’s premier national forum for aerospace professionals. Registration details can be found here.
Return to the AFA Press Releases Page