|Dunn Announces Field Recruiting Challenge for CyberPatriot
Mike Dunn, President/CEO of the Air Force Association, recently sent an e-mail letter to all Chapter Presidents announcing a Field Recruiting Challenge for CyberPatriot. He told them that the CyberPatriot high school cyber defense competition is moving forward, thanks to several Chapters who are already ramping up team recruitment efforts.
To stimulate even more Chapter CyberPatriot activity, I am pleased to announce we are implementing immediately an award program for the Chapters that recruit the most teams to the competition. Here’s how it will work:
As of August 18, 2010, each time a Chapter recruits a team to competition, they are invited to send a “Recruitment Report” email to our CyberPatriot staff (firstname.lastname@example.org). The email should contain the following:
- The phrase “Recruitment Report” in the subject line
- The name of the individual submitting the recruitment report and contact information
- The AFA Chapter number and name
- The name of the high school, CAP unit, or the JROTC unit that was recruited to the competition
- The name of the recruited team’s coach
Once the team successfully registers, the Chapter will receive credit for the recruitment as follows:
- CAP squadrons: 1 point
- AFJROTC units: 1 point
- Army, Marine Corps, or Navy JROTC units: 2 points
- “Open Division” high school teams: 3 points
At the closing of the registration period (October 8th), points will be tallied for chapter recruitment efforts. Prizes will be awarded as follows:
- First Place Chapter: $500 gift certificate to the AFA store
- Second Place Chapter: $300 gift certificate to the AFA store
- Third Place Chapter: $100 gift certificate to the AFA store.
Dunn told the Presidents that the CyberPatriot team is ready to answer their questions. Commissioner Bernie Skoch can be reached by telephone at 703-247-5836 or emailed at email@example.com.
Return to the
Table of Contents or go to the
The Air Force Association (AFA) is an independent, nonprofit IRS 501(c)(3) organization.
This newsletter is published monthly via e-mail. Submissions or comments should be sent to AENewsletter@afa.org.