|AFA Announces 2010 AFA-FCEF Air Force Excellence Scholarships
The Air Force Association announced the five recipients of the jointly sponsored AFA – First Command Educational Foundation (FCEF) Air Force Excellence Scholarships. Each recipient will receive a $3,000 check from FCEF at their college.
This Air Force Excellence Scholarship, administered by AFA and funded by FCEF, is for Air Force service members or their dependents. Each applicant submitted an application and three essays. A panel of judges made their decisions based on the completeness of the information and the quality of the essays.
“Each of these fine students is dedicated and deserving. These scholarships will assist those already on a path to excellence,” said S. Sanford Schlitt, AFA’s Vice Chairman of the Board for Aerospace Education. “These recipients of the Air Force Excellence Scholarships have demonstrated focus and achievement, as they strive to make meaningful contributions to America, and AFA is proud to support their efforts.”
“We are thrilled to provide these scholarships and play a role in the continued success of these outstanding individuals selected by AFA,” said Vickie Mauldin, FCEF’s Chief Executive Officer. “These recipients have already accomplished a great deal and are each positioned to continue their pursuit of excellence. FCEF is proud to recognize their past efforts and promising futures.”
The recipients of the 2010 AFA-FCEF Air Force Excellence Scholarships are as follows:
- Adam R. Kerr – from Savoy, Illinois, is graduating from the University of Illinois and will continue on in a Master’s program at the University of Pittsburgh in Security and Intelligence Studies.
- Zacory T. Kobylarz – from Hollis, New Hampshire, has graduated from Hollis Brookline High School where he was in the National Honor Society and was a captain of the Varsity Ice Hockey Team.
- Tiffany N. Owens – from Crestview, Florida, is studying Psychology at St. Phillips College, is a staff sergeant in the Air Force and is a former recipient of the Air Force Association’s Pitsenbarger Award.
- Jessica D. Salvatore – from El Cajon, California, is pursuing a Masters Degree in Clinical Nursing at the University of San Diego and she is a captain in the Air Force Reserve.
- Meghan T. Updike – from Kapolei, Hawaii, is pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in nursing at the University of Arizona and volunteers preparing meals for Fisher House.
Return to the
Table of Contents or go to the
The Air Force Association (AFA) is an independent, nonprofit IRS 501(c)(3) organization.
This newsletter is published monthly via e-mail. Submissions or comments should be sent to AENewsletter@afa.org.