401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Board of Director Liaison is responsible for the day-to-day administration and logistics of the Board of Directors activities, and for providing executive support and Board Committees members. This involves preparing and maintaining agendas and minutes for Board and Committee meetings and the quarterly Board meetings, maintaining Board records and governing documents, handling Board communications, assisting with Board elections, and with other tasks as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND GENERAL ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Program Administration (approximate 70% of effort):
- Establish an excellent working relationship with the Chairman and Members of the Board of Directors, and AFA staff, in verbal, written, and electronic correspondence.
- Create meeting(s) timelines, prepare and distribute meeting notification, correspondence, agenda, and materials, as well as subsequent updates or changes.
- Generate mailings, presentations, reports for Chair, and other materials for board and committee members.
- Build, direct, and maintain strategic digital media and related correspondence to advance the organization and key principles of the Board Chairman, AFA President, and EVP.
- Responsible for organizing projects, preparing and supporting virtual meetings and conferences i.e., present as the meeting host, troubleshooting tech issues, etc. Staying informed with organizational initiatives and priorities.
Other Duties as assigned (approximate 30% of effort):
- Execute a variety of projects assigned by the Chief of Staff
- Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events
- Routinely uses standard office equipment, such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
- Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
- The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Requirement(s):
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent 6yrs work experience
- Air Force Staff Sergeant or above (Preferred)
Certifications & Licenses:
- Project Management (PMP)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Knowledgeable of Air Force or military protocol.
- Exemplary writing and editing skills with proficiency with Microsoft Office suites.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work and meet long-term and short-term deadlines.
- Detail-oriented and thorough in completing work tasks.
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable when fulfilling obligations.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise integrity, discretion, and ethical decision making in work
- Strong adaptability to stressful situations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, ability to build relationships, solid teamwork, and problem-solving
- Ability to managing schedules and people with tact, diplomacy and poise
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.