401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Under the direction and guidance of the Competition Systems and Cyber Training Manager -- plan, coordinate, install, test, operate, and maintain competition systems to conduct a challenging and fair competition. Provide cyber training for the competition and AFA CyberCamps. The Coordinator also provides general support for the CyberPatriot Competitions team.
- Develop requirements for new and upgraded competition systems
- Plan competition systems and required updates
- Plan competition technical support and research issues from past competitions to find solutions
- Administer recommendation and policy development
- Recommend updates to the competition design, structure, and procedures
- Plan for National Finals Competition hardware, software, power, and network
- Track and publish vulnerability category statistics
- Maintain Microsoft licensing for software
- Assist Teams during the National Finals Competition
- Monitor social media for rules violations
- Provide technical responses to inquiries and comments on social media (e.g., Facebook)
- Conduct backups of competition software
- Assist with Microsoft Imagine technical issues
- Assist with score checking
- Conduct CyberPatriot presentations
- Represent CyberPatriot and Air Force Association at events
- Update and create technical materials for the competition and AFA CyberCamps
- Update training materials as needed
- Provide training for the CyberPatriot staff
- Instruct students nationwide as an AFA CyberCamp instructor
Testing and Maintenance:
- Maintain CyberPatriot competition hardware
- Research and recommend upgrades to hardware and software
- Assist with resolving trouble tickets or logs for competition systems
- Identify and order hardware and software required for competition
- Develop a test plan and coordinate testing of new CyberPatriot software
- Test CyberPatriot hardware
- Test multiple pieces of software with varying degrees of complexity before they are released to competitors each round
Operations and Training:
- Build, convert, rebrand, and check virtual machine images for the competition and other events
- Operate systems for online rounds of competition
- Conduct basic functions on CyberPatriot scoring servers
- Receive and respond to email concerning technical aspects of the competition
- Assist with preparing for and conducting international competitions
- Set up and retrieve hardware, software, and networking equipment in office and at events
- Provide Tier 1 through Tier 2 technical support for online competition rounds
- Review post-competition score appeals
- Install hardware and software to support the online competition rounds
- Install hardware and software to include the CyberPatriot Operations Center
- Install hardware and software for the National Finals Competition
- Install hardware and software for events outside of the competition season
- Other duties as assigned.
· Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington.
· Hours of work on full-time status are generally Monday through Friday during business hours of 8:30am-5:00pm.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel (local and beyond) as needed.
· Must be able to travel (5%) and work overtime as required.
The position requires sedentary work (sitting for half of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 40 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· Must be able to perform light manual labor such as taping, packing, stacking, and moving boxes weighing less than 40 pounds and pushing carts.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience.
· At least 4 years of related experience.
Education and Experience Required:
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Certifications & Licenses Preferred:
· Linux knowledge preferred
· System or network administration experience preferred.
Department Core Competencies:
Technical Competencies (IT)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Must be familiar with Windows operating system security to include Control Panel and MMC.
· Must be able to work in tight spaces to install and retrieve cable and equipment.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong time management skills and ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Ability to be consistently reliable, responsible, and dependable in completing assigned tasks and engaging in a collaborative, teamwork approach.
- Demonstrated ability to complete, organize, and appropriately document activities.
- Demonstrated ability to be honest and ethical in work.
- Strong adaptability to stressful situations.
Proficiency with Microsoft Office with extra focus on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.