401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Coordinator, Member Relations is responsible for daily support in all areas of administrative services for the membership program, including customer service, database administration, membership marketing, and events.
Customer Service (approximately 50% of effort):
· Serve as the main point of contact for members’ inquiries.
· Perform time-sensitive customer service duties such as correspondence, online troubleshooting, membership verification, fulfilling AFA material requests, and responding to general inquiries.
· Provide customer service for the Air Force Magazine, including handling claims, invoices, and database processing for subscriptions.
· Assist with Daily Report email troubleshooting and Magazine production inquiries.
Database Operations (approximately 30% of effort):
· Assist with running monthly data reports and processing financial batches for the Membership department.
· Assist with data processing involving memberships, donations, and other purchases.
· Perform account data entry.
Administrative Support (approximately 15% of effort):
· Provide clerical and administrative support to the Membership and Field Relations department and others in AFA as needed.
· Assist with the mail and email campaign processes for new memberships and membership retention.
· Oversee Membership materials inventory and track reorders.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel as needed.
· The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Technical Competencies (as needed)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of or ability to learn the operations of membership programs and services.
· Salesforce or other CRM administration experience or ability to build competency quickly.
· Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal customers, team members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Ability to consistently handle telephone and email requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills, or ability to develop them.
· Strong adaptability to stressful situations.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.