The Manager, Corporate Membership oversees the Corporate Membership program to include sales, retention membership components, relationships, database systems processes, budgets, and administration. She/he will work with various internal partners within Membership and Development to grow AFA’s Corporate Membership program and manage sponsorship and membership deliverables.
Program and Membership Development: (approximately 40% of effort):
· Responsible for researching, developing, and executing prospecting strategies to increase growth of corporate members and individual memberships.
· Responsible for tracking and executing corporate membership and sponsorship deliverables for industry partners.
· Conduct research for industry prospecting and identify potential industry partners.
· Create and maintain background papers and files for all current and potential industry partners with key leadership information, current/former spend and other relevant information for leadership.
· Responsible for developing membership programs and relationship activities that provide clear value to industry partners.
· Create and execute an engagement plan to increase retention and grow company’s involvement with AFA through additional sponsorships and advertising.
· Work cross-functionally to develop and maintain program marketing materials Work with senior leadership to determine the corporate membership strategies, priorities, and goals.
· Serve as a key member of the Member & Field Relations and Development teams to grow the Association's revenue and value proposition for industry partners beyond the corporate membership program(s). Areas of support can include events, sponsorships, and philanthropic giving opportunities.
Customer Service (approximately 30% of effort):
· Act as primary point of contact for AFA corporate members and handle all customer service matters.
· Conduct customer orientation for incoming members and connect new customers to advertising and exhibit sales managers.
· Develops relationships with industry partners and coordinates renewal processes.
Administration and Database Management (approximately 25% of effort):
· Process all Corporate Membership payments, individual member rosters and invoices.
· Coordinate and execute all invoicing and renewal processes.
· Develop and maintain statistical reports.
· Maintain data integrity though proactive analysis and problem resolution.
Maintain AFA website with Corporate Membership information and branding.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
· Support other teams and projects as needed.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors’ degree in business, communications, marketing, or related field
· 5 years of relevant experience with at least 3 years of proven sales experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Experience managing corporate sponsorships, tradeshows, advertising, or similar sales programs.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge of marketing strategies and tactical technics for executing corporate giving.
· Strong knowledge of business management principles involving strategic planning and resource allocation.
· Demonstrate critical thinking, sound judgment, ability to manage multiple priorities.
· Experience or ability to supervise people and functions, including complex systems and budgets.
· Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal customers, team members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Ability and commitment to act with integrity, ethically, maintain and confidentiality and demonstrate professionalism,
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites, CRM software, Salesforce
Instructions for Applicants:
Please read the following carefully before beginning the application process.
To be considered for this position, you must submit an AFA employment application, including salary requirements, a cover letter, and a resume to the recruiter (at) afa.org. The AFA application is available at https://www.afa.org/content/dam/afa/why-join/AFA%20Employment%20Application.pdf Incomplete and/or unofficial AFA applications will not be considered.