401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Manger of Individual Giving will manage and grow AFA's individual giving programs and will serve as a key revenue generator for AFA seeking to meet or exceed annual budget projections.
Donor Management & Relationship Development (approximately 30% of effort):
· Develop strategies for increasing donations by building existing relationships and developing new connections.
· Manage a portfolio of individual donors, creating and implementing personalized asks.
· Maintain and run reports on giving levels and revenue generation.
Program Management (approximately 30% of effort):
· Oversee, execute and market AFA's individual giving programs such as direct mail, monthly giving, CFC, planned giving, and Wings Society.
Prospecting and Donor Cultivation (approximately 10% of effort):
· Research, identify and cultivate new major gifts prospects.
Marketing (approximately 15% of effort):
· Develop and execute annual development marketing campaign, incorporating and building on all existing development programs and efforts.
· Develop and implement new marketing campaigns and tactics.
· Assess and report on marketing efforts.
Capital Campaign (approximately 10% of effort):
· Serve as functional lead to develop and execute a capital campaign for the Doolittle Leadership Center.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
· Partner with the Member and Field Relations and Development departments to build robust functions in these areas.
· Provide guidance and support on development tasks to direct report(s) and others.
· Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
· The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, marketing or related field
· At least five (5) years’ experience in development, with one (1) to three (3) years supervisory experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Extensive knowledge of non-profit fundraising, development, and sponsorship practices.
· Strong experience leading and executing on individual giving campaigns.
· Working knowledge of Salesforce or other CRM systems.
· Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal customers, team members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Ability and commitment to keep information confidential.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills, including comfort speaking to groups and drafting correspondence.
· Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Excellent technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to deploy sound judgment and willingness to exert influence as appropriate.
· Ability to select and use effective approaches to choose a course of action and develop appropriate solutions.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.