401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Manager of Member Relations manages the servicing and retention of members through customer service, database administration, marketing, and events. The Manager works with various internal partners within Membership and Field Relations, Communications, and IT as well as with external vendors to manage membership activities, relations, and processing, while providing customer service as needed. S/he works with the Vice President, Member & Field Relations and the Director of Membership to develop the membership program budget and may recommend or develop new programming or services and their cost, content, and scope.
Customer Service (approximately 30% of effort):
· Directly provide and oversee all aspects of service for current and incoming members.
· Train staff to process new and existing members and maintain appropriate records.
· Oversees Membership materials inventory and track reorders.
Database Administration (approximately 35% of effort):
· Serve as primary point of contact and administrator for Salesforce.
· Develop and maintain statistical reports monthly and by request on current membership data.
· Maintain data integrity though proactive analysis and problem resolution.
· Partner with external IT contractors to create reports, improve processes, eliminate manual work and data entry errors.
Membership Marketing (approximately 15% of effort):
· Create engaging membership content to help improve and maintain retention and recruitment.
· Ensure marketing materials in all channels and mediums are up-to-date.
· Work cross functionally to create marketing material for internal and external use.
Membership Recruitment Events (approximately 10% of effort):
· Manage Membership presence at events by coordinating a membership table or booth, providing marketing material and resources for payment processing.
· Ensure event presence is staffed accordingly.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 10% of effort):
· Recommends and develops new initiatives for membership engagement, retention and growth.
· Support other functions as needed.
· Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
· The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors’ degree in business, communications, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
· 5 years of relevant experience in customer service, membership management, or similar functions.
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Experience managing a membership or subscription function.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Strong experience in Salesforce and Fonteva or similar membership CRM experience.
· Experience or ability to supervise people and functions, including complex systems and budgets.
· Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal customers, team members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
· Strong customer service orientation and skills.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
· Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills, or ability to develop them.
· Ability to deploy sound judgment, manage multiple priorities, and willing to exert influence as appropriate.
· Ability to consistently handle telephone and email requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Ability to select and use effective approaches to choose a course of action and develop appropriate solutions.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.