401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Manager of Member Relations leads the membership program, including customer service, database administration, membership marketing, and events. Under the supervision of the Vice President, the Manager works with internal partners as well as with external vendors to facilitate membership activities, relations, and processing, while providing customer service as needed. S/he is assists with administering the program’s budget and may recommend or develop new programming or services. The Manager may provide supervision and guidance for the Coordinator(s).
Customer Service (approximately 30% of effort):
· Directly provide and oversee all aspects of service for current and incoming members.
· Train staff to process new and existing members and maintain appropriate records.
Database Administration (approximately 30% of effort):
· Serve as primary point of contact and administrator for Salesforce.
· Provide statistical reports monthly and by request on current membership data.
· Maintain data integrity though proactive analysis and problem resolution.
Membership Marketing (approximately 15% of effort):
· Create engaging membership content to help improve and maintain retention and recruitment.
· Ensure marketing materials in all channels and mediums are up-to-date and create marketing material for internal and external use.
· Oversee Membership materials inventory and track reorders
Membership Recruitment Events (approximately 15% of effort):
· Manage Membership presence at events by coordinating a membership table or booth, providing marketing material and resources for payment processing.
· Ensure event presence is staffed accordingly.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 10% of effort):
· Mail or email invoices and materials to members.
· Other tasks as assigned.
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to work overtime and travel as needed.
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelors’ degree in business, communications, marketing or related field or equivalent work experience.
· At least 2 years of relevant experience in customer service, membership management, or similar functions.
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Experience managing a membership or subscription function.
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Knowledge and understanding of membership programs and their administration.
· Salesforce or other CRM administration experience.
· Experience or ability to supervise people and functions, including complex systems and budgets.
· Strong customer service orientation and skills.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
· Technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills, or ability to develop them.
· Ability to consistently handle telephone and email requests in a courteous and efficient manner.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.