401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies is the nation’s premier think tank on air and space issues as they relate to national security. The Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Studies seeks an operations coordinator to provide daily support in the areas of administration, external relations, meeting & events, and publications.
Office Administration(Approximately 40% of effort):
· Provide calendar support for the Dean of Mitchell Institute as requested to include scheduling appointments, resolving calendar conflicts and adjusting the calendar as necessary, and communicating calendar changes to principals.
· Manage sponsor and VIP communications—thank you notes, send reports to sponsors, book meetings as senior leadership require.
· Manage and prepare expense reports for the Dean.
· Serves as back up administrative support to the Executive Office.
Data Management(Approximately 40% of efforts):
· Manage sponsor contribution records for all MI programs including the Mitchell Breakfast series. Submit invoices, track payment, and maintain financial records
· Develop a MI contact management system—track MI contacts and ensure data can be easily accessed to achieve program goals.
Meeting and Events/Logistics(Approximately 10% of efforts)
· Plan, execute, and manage logistical support for meetings & events—booking of facilities and coordination of onsite requirements, event set up, basic catering coordination and execution, RSVP systems, coordinate VIP and speaker logistics.
· Interface with Air Force Protocol and staff of other senior Air Force, military, defense, and industry executives to ensure appropriate courtesies and recognition, and to maintain effective working relationships with AFA/Mitchell executives.
Social Media(Approximately 10% of efforts)
· Assist in MI marketing and outreach—social media management, website maintenance, help to create original marketing material.
Note: This job may include additional responsibilities beyond what is listed above related to Administrative Assistant activities and responsibilities.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Demonstrated administrative and organizational experience with background in bookkeeping/recordkeeping required
· Military and GSA contracting experience desired
· Ability to multitask and shift priorities quickly
· High level of professionalism and discretion
· Strong ability to build and cultivate client relationships
· Superb written /oral communication skills
· Strong understanding of Air Force/Military structure and protocol
· Proven ability to anticipate needs of principals
· Strongly self-motivated
· Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PPT), and SharePoint
· Strong technical skills
SUPERVISES: No direct reports
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.