401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Sales Associate is responsible for supporting all aspects of AFA media sales, and marketing activities including print and digital advertising, sponsorships, special programs, thought leadership, events, corporate membership engagement, and promotion of other marketing initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: (50%)
- Conduct and track outreach and relationship-building with external stakeholders to secure sales contracts for advertising, sponsorships, events, thought leadership and content sponsorships,
- Promote AFA content in varied formats, including print, digital and visual formats.
- Review and maximize relationships between AFA and corporate members.
- Communicate with AFA corporate members about future opportunities, general support and awareness of AFA.
- Develop leads for future sales and marketing opportunities.
Process Administration (40%):
- Assist with the coordination and fulfillment of AFA media, sponsorships, and events.
- Schedule and track advertising and sponsorship programs
- Work with AFA corporate members to assure program assets are delivered on-time.
- Generate metrics reports and provide to corporate members.
Other Duties as assigned (approximate 10% of effort):
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
- Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
- Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
- Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
- The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Business Administration or a related field or equivalent work experience
- Sales experience preferred (Media/Sponsorship/Event Sales Preferred)
- Demonstrate a strong desire and drive for success and advancement in sales (Required)
- Knowledgeable about digital advertising and marketing including newsletter, website, and social media (Preferred)
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Sales and lead development skills
- Business acumen, including understanding development of and adherence to budgets.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to utilize both analytical and consultative sales approaches.
- Ability to problem-solve and develop short and long-term solutions.
- Ability to be creative and assist in the development of complex events, along with attending to details.
- Strong organizational and ethical practices
- Project management skills
- Knowledge of the American military structure and aerospace and related industries
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and familiar with or able to learn additional business software.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.