401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Mitchell Institute Senior Research Fellow, Space Studies, is responsible for leading and developing areas of research specific to the aerospace strategy, operational concepts, tactics, and technologies, providing executive leadership on Mitchell Institute strategy, priorities, and events, and maintaining a high profile with external partners and stakeholders.
Oversee and assess research initiatives for the Mitchell Institute (approximately 65% of effort):
· Provide executive input on strategy and assist in developing resources to support Mitchell Institute research priorities.
· Lead and manage the requisite research to facilitate bodies of work developed by Mitchell Institute.
· Draft reports, opinion pieces, and issue briefings regarding aerospace and national security topics; contribute to those written by colleagues in Mitchell Institute.
· Author and publish in relevant and prestigious journals, websites, and other mediums.
· Provide data to facilitate broader Mitchell Institute and Air Force Association strategic planning, event coordination, budget planning, communications efforts, and general enterprise cooperation.
Business Development for Mitchell Institute programs (approximately 25% of effort):
· Seek business opportunities for broader Mitchell Institute program portfolio.
· Develop and promote the profile and contacts of Mitchell Institute, AFA, and specific research bodies of work to further revenue and growth.
· Maintain necessary professional networks to facilitate issue expertise, subject matter currency, subject matter expert access, fundraising capability, and general mission execution.
· Share network access with Mitchell Institute staff to facilitate broader enterprise goals.
Support Mitchell Institute program events (approximately 5% of effort):
· Assist in developing event strategy and tactics; support individual event goals and overall standards of quality are met.
· Serve as a key point of contact during events to support speakers and attendees.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
· Other duties as assigned.
· Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· 10 years minimum experience in national security community, with a focus on Aerospace strategy, operational concepts, tactics, and technologies.
· Experience building and marinating relationships at the highest levels of government, private industry, and relevant research and policy organizations.
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
· Air Force veteran with relevant operational experience status preferred.
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Department Core Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Demonstrated knowledge of national defense, strategic deterrence, military space issues, and aerospace power.
· Experience developing and ability to grow an extensive professional network in the aerospace sector, national security community, and strategic deterrence cadre.
· Demonstrated ability to produce and publish written work in topic areas and formats appropriate to the role.
· Experience as, and continuing ability to convey a strong leadership presence in highly hierarchical organizations, including military and government.
· Experience with budget planning and execution.
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.Instructions for Applicants: