401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Staff Accountant is responsible for a variety of billing, vendor management, and invoice processes, and assists with monthly closing and assist with other finance projects when necessary. S/he ensures a daily flow of accurate information to the accounting program.
Assist with monthly close (approximately 30% of effort):
• Review and approve staff credit card reports.
• Reconcile multiple bank accounts.
• Prepare account schedules for depreciation, investment, 401k, and prepaid expenses.
Manage Vendors, Bills, Credit Card Payments (approximately 45% of effort):
• Gather and record information for vendors in the financial management system, maintain files and accounts with required forms and information, addresses and ACH information.
• Review accounts payable invoices entered to the financial management system for accuracy, proper coding and compliance with internal controls.
• Create check, ACH and credit card payments for timely payment of invoices.
• Record staff cell phone reimbursement information.
• Process exhibit invoices and apply payment by credit card or electronic funds transfer (EFT).
• Prepare credit card payment reports from PayPal and Cardpointe; reconcile to bank statement.
• Work with third party consultant on recording of EFT payments.
Support Payment, Reconciling, and Reporting Processes (approximately 20% of effort):
• Import monthly CyberPatriot checks and credit card payments, event registrations, staff credit card reports, and cell phone reimbursement into financial management software.
• Work with program managers to ensure payments reconcile.
• Gather data from AFA written agreements for important data to compile the biannual Finance Committee review of AFA contracts.
• Track travel expenses for Officers of AFA.
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
• Assist the team with any other projects as needed, weekly finance meetings, print check for accounts payable
• Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
• Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
• Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Must be able to work overtime.
• The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
• Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
• The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
• Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
• At least two years of bookkeeping or non-profit accounting experience.
Education and Experience Preferred:
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Department Core Competencies:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Familiarity with Fonteva, Salesforce, Intacct, accounting software, and other key tools, or the willingness and ability to develop familiarity.
• Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal customers, team members, and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
• Ability and commitment to keep information confidential.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Ability and commitment to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
• Excellent technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
• Familiarity with human resources functions like benefits administration, negotiation with brokers, and compliance requirements related to plans requiring fiduciary responsibility.
• Ability to deploy sound judgment and willingness to exert influence as appropriate.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.