401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
Under the direction and guidance of the Director of StellarXplorers Operations, The Manager, Competition is responsible for planning, coordinating, promoting, and growing the StellarXplorers competition and overall program, overseeing the competition and StellarCamps and managing the volunteers who assist with the program.
Competition Operations and Maintenance (approximate 70% of effort):
• Using “Exploring Space” materials, develop curriculum, competition scenarios, and competition process.
• Ensure availability of appropriate materials, including textbook and hardware.
• Assist with resolving trouble tickets or logs for competition systems.
• Identify and order materials required for competition.
• Oversee registration for competitions.
• Coordinate with outside vendors for travel, hotel, and other logistics arrangements.
Camp Management (approximate 15% of effort):
• Assist in creating and maintain curriculum and content for StellarCamps.
• Assist with registration for camps and ensuring camp locations have access to materials.
Staffing Management (approximate 10% of effort):
• Promote StellarXplorers to recruit volunteer team directors and mentors.
• Ensure volunteer team directors and mentors are screened and onboarded as appropriate, including securing time commitment.
• Assist leadership in planning for program growth and paid and non-paid staffing pattern.
• Recruit, screen and guide mentors for teams as needed.
Other Duties as assigned (approximate 5% of effort):
• Additional duties as assigned.
• Works out of Air Force Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
• Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
• Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
• Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
• The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience
• 4-5 years of relevant work experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Department Core Competencies:
Technical Competencies (IT)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Demonstrated technical skills and knowledge in technology, competition systems, and technical support
• Ability and willingness to work with subject matter experts, and to deliver training and develop materials.
• Strong customer-service orientation and approach to working with others.
• Strong adaptability to stressful situations.
• Strong, demonstrated orientation to teamwork and team-based problem solving.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office with extra focus on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Ability to be consistently thorough and demonstrate attention to detail in completing tasks.
• Demonstrated ability to complete, organize, and appropriately document activities.
• Demonstrated ability to be honest and ethical in work.
The Air Force Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.