Click Here to receive a downloadable Pitsenbarger Award Application for 2018
Air Force Association (AFA) Pitsenbarger Awards provide a one-time grant of $400 and a one year complimentary AFA eMembership to selected top USAF enlisted personnel graduating from the Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) who plan to pursue a baccalaureate degree (only). The grants coincide with the CCAF graduation ceremonies held each Spring and Fall.
Students wishing to apply should contact their base education office to learn about application deadlines and procedures.
- Proof of current enrollment or intent to enroll in an accredited program leading to a baccalaureate degree must be submitted with the application.
- Citations and awards representing distinguished activity should be submitted with application.
- A narrative statement describing your extracurricular activities and explaining their significance must be submitted with application. Emphasize those activities that indicate leadership, citizenship, teamwork, community service, personal development and dedication. Also discuss other distinguishing activities and academic accomplishments. The narrative should also include undergraduate plans (e.g., school, field of study, future goals).
- Commander’s endorsement must also be submitted with the application.
- A check in the amount of $400, and a certificate is sent to the Education Service Office (ESO) or local AFA chapter for presentation.
- A one year complimentary eMembership to AFA
- One Pitsenbarger per Graduating Class is provided
- Selection is determined at the ESO by a committee of individuals appointed by the base education officer.
- Applications may be submitted by the ESO for spring graduations beginning in March, and for fall graduations beginning in October of each calendar year.
- The committee considers job performance, scholastic achievement, education goals and leadership qualities. Need is not a principle criterion
- All Pitsenbarger grants are awarded based on available funds and are not guaranteed