September 16-17, 2017
Additional Spouse Activities
The Air Force Association’s Annual National Convention is an exciting opportunity for AFA members from around the country and abroad to come together and play a pivotal role in shaping our Association. As defined by AFA’s Constitution, the Association is governed by its National Convention body, which passes its authority to an elected Board of Directors for required actions between National Conventions. If you are interested in joining fellow AFA members as a delegate, please contact your State President for more information. Convention Activities and Business Sessions are Business Casual.
The hotel has agreed to a $168 rate plus tax (roughly $198 with tax) during our program dates. Please make your reservations now to ensure you get these rates. Reservations will be accepted on a first-in basis until the block is full or until Friday, August 25, 2017 by noon, whichever comes first. To reserve your hotel room, you must first register for the Convention. Upon finishing registration, select the 'click here' link within the Hotel Reservation section that appears below your registration summary in your confirmation and then input the appropriate information.
In addition to being the primary forum for conducting official AFA business, the National Convention offers exciting opportunities for members and guests to come together for networking, additional training, Congressional engagement, and social activities. A few highlights of the 2017 National Convention include:
- AFA Field Awards
- A memorial service and wreath laying;
- Additional training for current and potential AFA Field Leaders; and
- Many other activities for the 2017 National Convention aimed to have AFA delegates and guests make the most of your visit to National Harbor and the Washington D.C. area.
- View the full Delegate Agenda here.
- To view Information for Delegates that has current info and read-aheads for Convention, click here.
- To view extra activities for spouses, please click here.
- The Andrews Air Force Base will be having their airshow on Saturday, September 16th. If delegates would like to attend during their free time, please visit their website here. AFA will not be hosting this event.
Of course, you may also want to continue your stay a few more days and attend AFA’s prestigious Air, Space, & Cyber Conference and Technology Exhibition, September 18 – 20. This is truly a one-of-a-kind event where the Air Force Association brings together Air Force leadership, industry experts, and academia from around the world to discuss the issues and challenges facing America, the aerospace community, and our US Air Force today.
Page last updated on: Monday, 14 August , 82017 :30 AM