401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Mitchell Institute for Aerospace Digital Content and Media Manager will be responsible for developing strategies to enhance Mitchell Institute outreach and product usage through assorted media means, including print, newspapers, magazines, the website, social media accounts, video webinars, podcasts, and email distribution system. This individual is also responsible for content development, maintaining various digital tools, managing distribution lists, and implementing product improvement efforts. Individual does not need to be an expert in air and space power issues but needs to exhibit a willingness to learn basic core content to afford basic subject matter familiarity to execute job functions.
Manage Digital Content, Social Media, and Media Engagement Activities (approximately 80% of effort):
• Create professional multi-media content to include short form videos, graphics, and copy language
• Edit audio and video with software including Adobe Premiere and Adobe Audition
• Create social media campaigns and interpret online platform analytics (website, podcast, social media reach)
• Edit and update organization’s website with WordPress and optimize SEO of posts
• Transcribe audio for SEO and accessibility optimization
• Help maintain organization records, templates, and file infrastructure
• Track organization engagement across social media
• Track organization press and media engagements
• Manage distribution lists
• May be required to travel up to 20% of the time
Live Event Execution and Staff Support (approximately 15% of effort):
• May need to assist with major event planning and execution such as meetings, conferences, and other in-person and virtual events
• Provide administrative back-up for Mitchell institute senior leaders
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 5% of effort):
• Provide updates on digital content and media activities during a weekly Operations Update meeting with the Executive Director
• Perform other duties as projects as assigned
• Works out of Air & Space Forces Association’s headquarters in Arlington, VA.
• Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
• Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
• Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
• Must be able to travel (5%).
The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
• Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
• The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
• The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required.
• A minimum of 3 years professional experience
Education and Experience Preferred:
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Department Core Competencies:
• Technical Competencies (Research)
• Strategic Planning
• Business Acumen
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
• Enthusiastic about aerospace power and its role in national security
• Some experience performing any of the skills listed in the job
• Willing to learn new software and skills needed to perform job duties—“tech savvy”
• Willingness to learn new functions, technical processes, and skills
• Express confidence in effectively and comfortably engaging military and/political leaders at various levels
• Proven track record of consistently productive collaboration with diverse colleagues in a highly matrixed work environment
• Proactive and self-motivated, ability to exhibit initiative
• Project management and planning principles and practices
• Demonstrated ability to be honest and ethical
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WordPress, Adobe Audition, and Adobe Premier
o Experience interfacing with DoD personnel and senior gov’t leaders
o Experience producing content to include giving directions to guests
o Experience using professional audio equipment
o Experience using professional video equipment
The Air & Space Forces Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to email@example.com. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.