401K, Dental, Life, Medical, Vision
The Director, Strategic Action provides essential support to the Executive leadership of AFA and the Operational Leadership Team. The Director plans administrative and operational activities, organizes, and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the senior leadership to facilitate efficient decision making. The director is responsible for communications and logistics and serves as a liaison between internal and external stakeholders and the organization’s leadership. Additionally, s/he may provide oversight and guidance to projects of high importance.
Executive Communications (approximately 50% of effort):
· Support communication and correspondence for President and Executive Vice President editing and/or drafting emails and memos on their behalf
· Liaise on behalf of the President and Executive Vice President to Air Force and Space Force Senior Leaders, Capitol Hill, interagency leaders, industry partners, and other stakeholders and shareholders
Task Management (approximately 40% of effort):
· Provide comprehensive readahead packages for President and Executive Vice President before key engagements
· Track suspense’s and taskers to ensure internal products are completed with ample time to prepare executive leadership
Other Duties as assigned (approximately 10% of effort):
· Fills in during Chief of Staff’s absence
· Oversee planning, engagement and execution of projects as assigned
· Office hours are 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday, subject to modification based on the needs of each program or site.
· Operates in a professional office environment with travel to local offices, community partners, and events.
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Must be able to work overtime.
· The position requires sedentary work (sitting most of the time with no adverse environmental exposure) and occasional exertion of up to 25 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects. The position also includes the following physical requirements:
· Movement. The employee in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, etc.
· The employee in this position needs to be able to operate a computer and other office productivity machinery such as a copy machine and printer.
· The employee is required to communicate and hold verbal conversations with others by means of the spoken word. Employee must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
REQUIRED JOB QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience Required:
· Bachelor’s degree
· 10 years’ experience with the Department of the Air Force, or Department of Defense or other military branch
Education and Experience Preferred:
· Master’s degree
· 3 years’ Speechwriter experience
Certifications & Licenses Required:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Ability to effectively utilize interpersonal skills and reliable information when working with internal and external stakeholders to accomplish project goals.
· Strong organizational skills and ability to consistently attend to details and meet deadlines.
· Excellent technical support, analytical, and problem-solving skills
· Demonstrate ethical behavior, ability, and commitment to act with integrity, and confidentiality
· Ability to deploy sound judgment and willingness to exert influence as appropriate.
· Demonstrated administrative skills, such as collating and condensing information for exec review
· Elevated attention to detail
· Proficient with Microsoft Office product suites (especially Excel and PowerPoint) and knowledge or ability to learn other computer-based systems
The Air & Space Forces Association is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and honoring the contributions of our country’s veterans.
Instructions for Applicants:
To apply, complete the application below and send it, along with a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements, to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete and/or unofficial applications cannot be considered.