Aerospace Science Instructors:
The AFJROTC Grant was established to promote aerospace education throughout classrooms and units.
We hope you take this opportunity to enhance your students’ ideas on how aerospace plays a prominent role in today’s and tomorrow’s society. Applications are competitive and will be judged by AFJROTC HQ on the importance and the impact your selected aerospace activity will have on your students. This is an opportunity to heighten your students’ interest in aerospace education activities.
HOW THE AFJROTC GRANT WORKS
Grants are issued twice a year. Deadlines for applications are October 10 and February 10.
AFJROTC grants provide your units and classrooms with up to $500 every other academic year.
ACTIVITIES FOR WHICH YOU MAY USE THE GRANT:
- Funds may be used for any aerospace education-related activity from purchasing textbooks or videotapes, to going on a field trip to an aerospace museum, Air Force base or another aerospace facility. You may not use the grant for purchasing uniforms, honor guard or color guard activities, etc.
RECEIVING THE GRANT:
- Aerospace Science Instructors will receive the grant in one lump sum.
- Funds may be divided between multiple aerospace activities, which should be included on the application form.
- AFJROTC units may apply for a grant every other academic year.
- Applications should include the typed and completed application form, a separate typed page with 1-2 paragraphs of support information about the grant project and/or the cadets involved, and a business card of the principal or school.
- Completed applications should be sent by to HQ-OpsSupport@AFJROTC.com by the deadlines of October 10 and February 10.