Air & Space Forces Association (AFA) is committed to providing a safe environment for all event participants, including attendees, exhibitors, sponsors, speakers, volunteers, staff, and representatives of the venue, service providers, and other contractors. By attending the AFA Warfare Symposium and associated meetings/events, attendees agree to abide by this Well-being Agreement and Liability Waiver.
Due to circumstances created by COVID-19, there is a heightened degree of personal risk and responsibility. Because COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is spread mainly from person-to-person contact, while participating in the AFA Warfare Symposium and associated events at the Gaylord Rockies Resort & Convention Center (venue), you agree to abide by all health and safety guidelines and recommendations promulgated by federal, state, and local government agencies and officials, AFA, and the venue. AFA will be taking all legal, prudent, and advisable measures to reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 between people while attending this event. Despite our best efforts, we will be unable to reduce the level of risk to zero and cannot guarantee that participants will not become infected with COVID-19.
Responsibility for well-being is shared among the organizers, venue, and event participants. As stakeholders, we all have a responsibility to help mitigate risk. As a participant, you agree to follow the guidelines, published by the Events Industry Council, to provide as safe an environment as possible, when meeting in person.
Event Industry Council Guidelines
Before Leaving Home
- Follow relevant guidance provided by the World Health Organization, or your local health authority. For AWS, adhere to health guidelines as they evolve (CDC, DoD, etc.).
- Adhere to government-issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick.
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance from your local health authority, for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Covering your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Agree to wear a mask or facial covering, if required by AFA or U.S., State, or local government entity.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by AFA and respect others’ personal space.
- Agree to have your temperature taken before entering the meeting/event venue if required by AFA.
- Go to the event First Aid office (or equivalent) at any time if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact Amanda Grandel at email@example.com to advise her.
Waiver and Release
I acknowledge the risks and agree to take full responsibility for them. I will not hold anyone else accountable, including the Air & Space Forces Association, should I contract an illness, injury, loss, damage to property, or other consequence as described below.
I HAVE CAREFULLY READ AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE AND HEREBY RELEASE, WAIVE AND FOREVER DISCHARGE ANY AND ALL LIABILITY, CLAIMS, AND DEMANDS OF WHATEVER KIND OR NATURE AGAINST THE AIR & SPACE FORCES ASSOCIATION AND ITS AFFILIATED PARTNERS AND SPONSORS, INCLUDING IN EACH CASE, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, VOLUNTEERS, AND AGENTS (THE “RELEASED PARTIES”), EITHER IN LAW OR IN EQUITY, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY LAW, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES OR LOSSES CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE, FAULT, OR CONDUCT OF ANY KIND ON THE PART OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DEATH, BODILY INJURY, ILLNESS, ECONOMIC LOSS OR OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES, OR LOSS OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, WHICH I, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNEES, NEXT OF KIN AND/OR LEGALLY APPOINTED OR DESIGNATED REPRESENTATIVES, MAY HAVE OR WHICH MAY HEREINAFTER ACCRUE ON MY BEHALF, WHICH ARISE OR MAY HEREAFTER ARISE FROM MY PARTICIPATION WITH THE AFA WARFARE SYMPOSIUM AND ASSOCIATED MEETINGS/EVENTS.