The Air Force Association’s annual National Convention is an exciting opportunity for AFA members from around the country and abroad to come together and play a pivotal role in shaping our Association. As defined by AFA’s Constitution, the Association is governed by its National Convention body, which passes its authority to an elected Board of Directors for required actions between National Conventions. If you are interested in joining fellow AFA members as a delegate, please contact your State President for more information. You can search for your State President on the top of the Community page here. Convention Activities and Business Sessions are Business Casual.
The hotel has agreed to a $171 rate plus tax (roughly $202 with tax) during our program dates. Please make your reservations now to ensure you get these rates. Reservations will be accepted on a first-in basis until the block is full or until Friday, August 24, 2018 by noon, whichever comes first. To reserve your hotel room, you must first register for the Convention. Upon finishing registration, select the 'click here' link within the Hotel Reservation section that appears below your registration summary in your confirmation and then input the appropriate information.
In addition to being the primary forum for conducting official AFA business, the National Convention offers exciting opportunities for members and guests to come together for networking, additional training, Congressional engagement, and social activities. A few highlights of the 2018 National Convention include:
- Opportunities to meet and share best practices with other Field leaders from around the country
- AFA Field Awards Dinner to recognize our exceptional volunteers and chapters
- A Memorial Service and Wreath Laying to honor our AFA and Air Force leaders
- Training for current and potential AFA Field Leaders
- A "Meet and Greet" for spouses and guests
- Many other activities for the 2018 National Convention aimed to have AFA delegates and guests make the most of your visit to National Harbor and the Washington D.C. area.
Important information for delegates will be posted here as we get closer to the 2018 Convention.