- What does it cost to attend the Air Warfare Symposium?
AFA Member - $955
AFA Life Member - $630
Non-Member - $1125
Non-DoD Government - $125*
Foreign Attaché and Foreign Military - $370
Government/DoD - Complimentary
*Civilian employees of any U.S. federal government department or agency other than the Department of Defense. This does not include employees of contractors working for the federal government.
- What does the symposium registration include?
Symposium registration includes the Welcome Reception on 2/26; all speaker sessions on 2/27-2/28; coffee breaks on 2/27-2/28; lunch on 2/27 and exhibit hall access during open hours. If you are an exhibitor who is also attending the symposium, please answer ‘yes’ to the question ‘Are you an Exhibitor?’ and select the symposium in order to have access to both the exhibit hall and symposium.
- Can I add an additional person to my symposium registration?
Yes, you can add a person to your registration, if they meet certain criteria.
Please note the following criteria do not apply to group exhibitor registrations:
"Add a Person" is provided as a courtesy to our registrants to allow spouses and "significant others" to participate in the Symposium and ancillary events to the same degree and at the same per-person price as the registrant. As such, it may be used only for spouses or bona fide "significant others." It may not be applied to registration for a co-worker, colleague, friend, or a family member other than spouse.
- What does it cost to cancel?
Registration changes can be made online until February 21, 2020. Cancellations prior to February 21 will receive a full refund of registration less a $25 processing fee to cancel. No refunds will be issued after February 21, 2020. Refunds will be credited back to the original card used for payment. No refunds will be issued if you do not attend the event. This policy does not apply to exhibit booth sales. Please refer to the application/contract form for the exhibit booth cancellation policy.
- What does it cost to attend ONLY the Technology Exposition?
Admission to the Technology Exposition during open hours is free of charge for qualified registrants. Lunch will be served on the floor Thursday, February 27, and is complimentary (included) with all paid symposium registrations. You may pre-register for the technology exposition online by answering the appropriate registration questions that apply to you or you may register on-site. Employees of exhibiting companies, please answer ‘yes’ to the ‘Are you an Exhibitor?’ question to register for your exhibitor badge instead of registering for the Technology Exposition. View the Technology Exposition hours.
- Are minor children allowed to attend the Symposium, Technology Exposition, Welcome Reception, and/or Backyard BBQ?
Children age 16 and over may attend the Technology Exposition provided they are accompanied by an adult at all times. No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the exhibit halls during installation and dismantling hours. Unfortunately, children will not be permitted to attend the Symposium, Welcome Reception, or Backyard BBQ.
- Where do I pick up my badge/tickets?
Badges and tickets may be picked up on-site at the AFA Registration Desk (Gatlin Registration Desk) at the Rosen Shingle Creek hotel beginning at 8:00 am on Wednesday, February 26, 2020. Please bring a photo or corporate ID. Acceptable forms of ID are as follows:
U.S. Government ID
Corporate Name Badge
- What is the Backyard BBQ event?
This informal event on Thursday evening will provide a networking opportunity among military, academia, retired military, and defense industry.
- How much does it cost to purchase an individual ticket or group package for the Backyard BBQ?
The cost for an individual ticket to the Backyard BBQ is $175. Group packages can also be purchased through registration for 17 people at $3,000. Ten of the tickets will be kept by the organization; the seven remaining tickets will be returned to AFA to support US military and DoD guests. Sponsorships are also available. If interested, please contact Perry Currier at email@example.com or 703-247-5838.
For US military and DoD guests, tickets will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis. Once the allotment of guest tickets has been depleted, DoD registrants will have the opportunity to purchase a ticket at a price of $170.
- Do I have to be a member of AFA or the military to attend?
No. If you are not a member of AFA and/or not currently serving active duty military or reserves, or a current Department of Defense civil service employee, please choose the Non-Member category when registering.
- How can I communicate any special Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) or dietary needs?
There are two separate questions during the registration process to address any special ADA or dietary needs.
- When is online registration closed?
Online registration is open throughout the event. We will only be down for a short time while we set up on-site. If at any time our registration website message states we are down for maintenance, please check back as we will be back up again soon. As always you will also have the option of registering on-site.
- What is the dress code for the Air Warfare Symposium and Technology Exposition?
The attire for the Welcome Reception, Symposium, and Technology Exposition is business casual/ABUs/OCPs/Flight Suits/Blues. The attire for Thursday evening's Backyard BBQ event is casual. (Casual attire for men: nice slacks/jeans, polo shirts, button down shirts, nice shoes or sandals. Casual attire for women: nice pants/jeans, skirts, polo shirts, nice blouse or top, casual dress or sundress, nice shoes or sandals.)
- Will the Air Warfare Symposium schedule be the same as previous years?
The full detailed symposium agenda can be found here. The Welcome Reception in the Exhibit Hall will again take place on Wednesday, February 26th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm. On Thursday, February 27th, AFA will again hold the Backyard BBQ beginning at 6:00 pm.
- Will the Martin H. Harris Chapter hold their annual golf tournament again this year?
Yes, the full details and registration can be found on their website.
- Does AFA have recommended airlines?
AFA recommends AFA members book travel through AFA’s partner Booking Community, which offers discounted airfare and other travel deals. You must be an AFA member to access the website.
AFA is also proud to announce that American Airlines is offering a 4% discount on applicable fares when traveling to Orlando, FL for our Air Warfare Symposium. Visit AA.com to book your flight. After selecting your fights, enter promo code 1920DC when completing passenger details. Contact the American Airlines Meeting Service Desk at (800) 433-1790 for assistance with reservations and ticket purchase. Read full terms and conditions.
- How do you get from the Orlando airport to the Rosen Shingle Creek?
On December 13, 2019, SuperShuttle announced they will cease operations on December 31st so our previously posted group discount will not be applicable. We have secured a roundtrip discount using Mears Transportation. The $4 off discounts are valid for February 20-March 4, 2020.
- For Zone 3 (Rosen Shingle Creek, Four Points by Sheraton Orlando International Drive and Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando), please book online using this website to receive a $31 roundtrip fare per adult and $23 roundtrip fare per child (4-11).
- For Zone 4 (Marriott Village Fairfield Inn & Suites and Springhill Suites Orlando Lake Buena Vista in the Marriott Village), please book online using this website to receive a $35 roundtrip fare per adult and $26 roundtrip fare per child (4-11).
Alternatively, taxis, Lyft, Uber, and other shuttle services are also available at the Orlando International Airport. A one-way fare can cost $15-40 depending on service and traffic conditions.
For driving directions, visit the Rosen Shingle Creek For driving directions, visit the Rosen Shingle Creek transportation page.
- Are you interested in being a sponsor during the Air Warfare Symposium?
If so, please contact Perry Currier, Manager, Corporate Relations, at 703-247-5838 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Are you interested in being an exhibitor at the Air Warfare Symposium?
If so, please contact Ron Bates at 703-683-8500 ext. 230 or email@example.com.
- What else do I need to know?
Send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. That helps us improve this FAQ page.